18/19 WhatVest - Stone
Icelantic is proud to partner with WhatVest, to develop this versatile and stylish backcountry vest. Designed for the shredder who likes to travel light, this ski or snowboard utility vest is ideal for carrying the essentials for light backcountry, side-country or in-bounds mountain travel. This vest allows you get on and off the lift with ease-- no need to take off a bulky backpack every time you get on the lift to access that off-piste pow. Eight pockets total help distribute your gear evenly including four front outer pockets to store your keys, cell phone, radio, snacks, etc... and two inside front mesh pockets that are ideal for storing touring skins, water, gloves etc... The low profile back zipper pocket provides two storage panels for your shovel handle and probe as well as space for your shovel head, water and an extra layer without the bulk of a traditional pack. A lower, rear lumber pocket is also accessible while the vest is on, providing another great storage area for gloves, snacks, etc. Side mesh panels and a front "air-out" clip help you stay cool when traversing or hiking to and from the goods. Constructed with 1000D Cordura and heavy duty packcloth, this rugged yet slim vest is made to fit over your winter shell. The sizing is based on the shell you would normally purchase, i.e. if you wear a medium jacket, buy a medium vest. See our Sizing Chart for more details. Designed in Wyoming, manufactured in Colorado, and made entirely in the U.S.A.
- 2 chest pockets with interior tool or cell phone separator pockets
- 2 lower front pockets
- 1 large backpack pocket
- Large rear lumbar pocket w/ two-way access
- Interior shovel pocket
- Interior probe pocket
- Interior shovel head storage space
- Foam padding within backpack layer
- Exterior diagonal ski carrying and vertical snowboard carrying device
- Front chest clip for wearing with front zipper down (to air out during hikes)
- Beacon or key clip in front bottom pocket
- Hydration pack compatible with velcro vertical holding unit in back pocket
- Water resistant
- 9-10" of side adjusting, air circulating mesh
- Fabric: 100% nylon, Cordura
- Made in Wyoming, Made in the U.S.A.
See our sizing chart here. It is recommended that you gauge your vest size based on the size of your winter shell/jacket. If you typically wear a medium jacket, buy a medium vest. Below is a sizing chart of the chest width variations of each vest size. Remember you will be wearing layers under your vest. If you plan to carry the full load of the vest at most times, we do recommend going up in size.
WhatVest Care Instructions:
- 100% Nylon
- Hand wash cold, only if necessary, or spot clean
- Air dry only